Today is perhaps the best time to install new windows and doors to claim an additional $50 per window in addition to $250 Greener Homes Grant.
To be able to qualify for the Efficiency Manitoba rebate of $50, the windows you purchase and install has to:
- Energy Star rated 34 and have to be triple pane
- purchased on or after October 1, 2021
- installed either on your or your tenant’s primary residence (commercial and seasonal properties do not qualify)
- replace the windows and doors between unheated spaces and heated spaces
- each $50 rebate is for one window per one rough opening of the wall (for example a bow window qualifies as only one window.
- A maximum of 20 windows can be applied for a rebate
Energy efficient windows rebate program does not apply to the following projects:
- Unoccupied houses
- apartments, vacation rentals, and outbuildings – apartment buildings may be eligible for window and door rebates through Building Envelope Program
- Seasonal homes, cottages, and cottage conversions.
- Energy efficient windows and doors installed in new openings in the walls.
To claim your energy efficient windows rebate, you have to apply at Efficiency Manitoba website and fill out the application form.
You will also need an original purchase invoice. Don’t forget to ask your window installers in Winnipeg to provide you with your window model number or NRCAN number of your window, which you will need while filling out the application. Make sure you fill out your application within 90 days of your invoice.
All the windows sold and installed by Arctic Windows qualify for the rebate. Contact us so we can give you a Free quote.